The recipe is one that our intern at work found and made for a volunteer's appreciation brunch. He told me what was in it and I'll admit, I didn't like the sound of it.
Mornings are so hectic around here, and I almost never eat breakfast before leaving the house. If I do, it's usually gulping down a bowl of cereal and half a cup of coffee while I'm doing my makeup.
Now I just grab a couple "muffins" from the freezer and heat them up at work so I have a hot breakfast when I'm ready to eat it.
The recipe is really easy, and you know how I like easy! You just throw the ingredients together, pour the mixture into greased muffin pans, and bake.
Seasoned Egg & Sausage Muffins
makes about 12-18 "muffins," depending on your how much you fill the cups
6 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
2 cups dry stuffing mix
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep your muffin pans by greasing them generously with cooking spray.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
(notes: I used a box of Stove Top Sage Stuffing Mix. The box is exactly two cups. For the sausage, I used half of a bulk package - not links).
4. Scoop mixture into individual muffin tins. (I didn't measure it out, but it's about 1/2 a cup). I wasn't sure how the eggs would puff up, so I didn't want to overfill.
5. Place muffins pans into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. I started checking them after about 17 minutes. I knew they were done when I inserted a knife and it came out clean, and they were a nice, golden brown.
6. Allow to cool slightly, transfer to plates, and serve with breakfast breads and fruit.
My son (who isn't a huge fan of eggs) chowed down two of them. The seasonings are perfect.
Try it out - I bet you'll like it too!
For breakfast on the go: Place muffins in a labeled freezer bag. Wrap in a paper towel and pop them in the microwave for about a minute. Perfect for a hot breakfast, and so much better than cereal!
Original recipe found here.
Come join #DairyBreakfastClub recipe party at TidyMom along with The California Milk Advisory Board and RealCaliforniaMilk.com
Follow Me on Pinterest