- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1/2 a med sized onion, chopped
- 2 Tbls minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, plus 1 can water
- 2-14 oz. cans beef broth
- 1 cup of corn or other canned/frozen veggies
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and stir until the onions are just soft.
- Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper and cook until meat is longer pink. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a five quart soup pot, pour in beef broth, tomato soup and water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to medium and add the ground beef and corn.
- Add the pasta and veggies and cook pasta to al dente.
This is one of my favorite recipes because not only is it simple, but even my pickiest eaters (that would be all of them) will eat it! It’s great fresh out of the pot, as leftovers two days later, and it also freezes well.
I usually serve this soup with a nice green salad on the side. You can also add more veggies to the pot if you wish. I don’t because I want my kids to eat it!