Hidey-ho Simply Klassic Home readers! I’m Rhonda from home.made. and I’m so excited to be filling in while Kristen’s away on vacay. Today I’m sharing an easy DIY project – my pallet board Back to School countdown!
2. Paint your apple wood piece with chalk/chalkboard paint. I used ASCP in Aubusson Blue since I had it on hand.
3. While this paint is drying, you can work on your pallet sign (if dried – that’s another great thing about chalk paint, btw. The dry time is super quick.) I chose to freehand my letters, but you can stencil or trace from a printed font if you like.
4. Then, trace over with your paint marker. Easy peasy.
5. I then brushed on an antiquing glaze made from craft paints from Hobby Lobby, wiping it off with a rag afterward.
6. Once all of the paint is dry, hot glue your chalkboard apple in place… and let the countdown begin!