Chewy, chocolate cookies explode with caramel and coconut flavor!
The other day at Target I saw the new coconut flavored MnM’s, and it gave me the idea for this cookie.
Holy goodness. Yes, they are really just as good as they look – better even! AND they kinda taste a little bit like Samoas.
They are huge – I actually cut them in half when I stored them because my kids see giant cookies and think I’m actually going to let them eat the whole thing. They have done well stored in an airtight container.
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cookies with Coconut MnM's
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 tbsp salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dozen caramels (such as Kraft)
- 2 bags of coconut MnMs
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Whip together butter and sugars on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about four minutes.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla, one at a time, stirring after each addition until combined.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Place a one tablespoon scoop of dough on a cookie sheet, and gently press a caramel in the center. (I use a cookie scoop, which yields around a tablespoon).
- Top with another tablespoon of dough and press edges of the dough around the caramel, so the caramel is completely covered.
- Top each ball of dough with about eight or nine coconut MnMs.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional).
For more delicious spring treats, try these: