Salads are a staple of spring. So light and fresh and perfect for enjoying outside on the patio on a warm spring day. This Chopped Cobb Salad has a spicy garlic vinaigrette dressing and delicious homemade garlic & herb croutons!
I LOVE salads, and lately, chopped salads are my favorite. So it made sense to create a chopped salad that everyone would love – a Chopped Cobb! The dressing is a tangy, slightly spicy, garlic vinaigrette. What knocks this salad out of the park though, are the homemade garlic & herb croutons. Holy goodness they are addicting, and so easy to make!
Chopped Cobb Salad
6 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, diced
6 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Toss all ingredients together lightly and top with spicy garlic vinaigrette dressing and homemade croutons.
This is by far one of the best salads I’ve ever made at home. It’s perfect as a dinner party meal starter, or add some chicken for a full lunch. Either way, it’s delicious!
- Spicy Garlic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse on medium. Pour dressing into a mason jar to store. To serve, just shake the jar, and pour on your salad.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Toss all ingredients together lightly and top with spicy garlic vinaigrette dressing and homemade croutons.