Salads are a staple of spring. So light and fresh and perfect for enjoying outside on the patio on a warm spring day. This Chopped Cobb Salad has a spicy garlic vinaigrette dressing and delicious homemade garlic & herb croutons!
I LOVE salads, and lately, chopped salads are my favorite. So it made sense to create a chopped salad that everyone would love – a Chopped Cobb! The dressing is a tangy, slightly spicy, garlic vinaigrette. What knocks this salad out of the park though, are the homemade garlic & herb croutons. Holy goodness they are addicting, and so easy to make!
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse on medium. Pour dressing into a mason jar to store. To serve, just shake the jar, and pour on your salad.
- Toss all ingredients together lightly and top with spicy garlic vinaigrette dressing and homemade croutons.
Find the recipe for the Homemade Croutons HERE.