I’ve got another recipe to share that has helped to make mornings easier around here.
The ingredients are pretty basic: Eggs, Milk, Cheese, Sausage (or ham, or bacon), and stuffing mix. Yeah, that last one threw me too. But let me tell you, it was good. Like REALLY good.
Now I just grab a couple “muffins” from the freezer and heat them up at work so I have a hot breakfast when I’m ready to eat it.
The recipe is really easy, and you know how I like easy! You just throw the ingredients together, pour the mixture into greased muffin pans, and bake.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups dry stuffing mix
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep your muffin pans by greasing them generously with cooking spray.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- (notes: I used a box of Stove Top Sage Stuffing Mix. The box is exactly two cups. For the sausage, I used half of a bulk package - not links).
- Scoop mixture into individual muffin tins. (I didn't measure it out, but it's about ½ a cup). I wasn't sure how the eggs would puff up, so I didn't want to overfill.
- Place muffins pans into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. I started checking them after about 17 minutes. I knew they were done when I inserted a knife and it came out clean, and they were a nice, golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, transfer to plates, and serve with breakfast breads and fruit.