I’ve been reading lots of blog posts lately on one topic – GOALS. They come in the form of New Year’s Resolutions, or a Word of the Year, but all boil down to one thing: What do I want to do, and how am I going to make it happen? And the biggest, often unspoken question – Do I have the courage and the strength to follow it through?
I have often refrained from making New Year’s Resolutions and goals, because, quite frankly, I suck at the follow through. So I make little goals, ones that I know I won’t have a problem following through on, then I complete them and pat myself on the back for doing so. Those big goals stay put in the back of my mind because I’m afraid if I say them out loud, and then don’t follow through, I’ve failed.
I suppose I’m getting a little introspective here, but that’s ok, right? You don’t mind?
The year 2011 was a bit of a roller coaster for my family. Changes in the form of a new family members joining us, and one walking away. An unexpected adoption was finalized. We’ve gone back to church. There was good, there was bad, and there was downright ugly. But the New Year is supposed to be a time to wipe the slate clean; to start fresh; to look ahead; to make things happen.
To live with intention.
I do have goals, for me, for my family, for my home and for this blog.
There are home projects, both big and small that I’d like to complete:
- Living room makeover (see the intentions here and the progress here)
- Get organized, I mean seriously organized, de-cluttered and clean
- Laundry room makeover (I mean, it was built a year ago – I think it’s time!)
- Paint and makeover the bathrooms
These may not seem like big goals to you, but they are HUGE to me. Especially the organizing one – do I really have time to get organized???
I have goals for me and my kids:
- Keep going to church
- Continue organizing the family group at church
- Individual “Date” day with my kids at least once a month
- Get on the floor and play more
- Eat healthier (ie. less McDonalds!)
- Plan our time better
- Take more pictures and be in more pictures (and really learn how to use my camera)
I’d also love to grow my blog this year:
- Streamline and organize the content
- Be more social
- Post regularly, including creating scheduled posts
- Run a couple of series, maybe start a linky party?
- Add sponsors
And my personal goals:
I’m clutching my chest a little at the thought of actually posting these things. I really, truly do want to be one that follows through this time. Think I can do it? Will you be my support???
PS. Thanks to The Nester for hosting the Home Goals Party!!