Moist and delicious this Lemon Raspberry Bread is the perfect addition to your morning coffee with it’s bursts of citrus and berry flavors.
You guys, I’m so looking forward to Spring – I mean in my eyes it’s literally around the corner! In reality it still seems like it’s far away but I am looking forward to the warm weather, and one way I like to do that is bake for the occasion!
This Lemon Raspberry Bread has fun bursts of both citrus and berry flavors. These two fruits together make seriously the absolute perfect combo ever. And it makes me think of spring which like I said is something to look forward to!
I like to keep my quick breads simple and tasty. This Lemon Raspberry Bread whips up in minutes and is made in one bowl! How great is that? I always love recipes where I don’t have to dirty a million dishes because let’s face it, the dishwasher in my house is this lady right here, no dish washing machine unfortunately!
I’m a little biased with this recipe because I’m addicted to all things lemon. It’s one of those flavors that I cant get enough of. You can see some of my addictions with this creamy and delicious Lemon Blueberry Cream Pie, or maybe these Iced Lemon Sugar Cookies. Oh and how can I forget this Lemon Poppyseed Cake!
Lemon just pairs with pretty much anything, but this Lemon Raspberry Bread has to be one of my all time favorite pairings thus far. With the tart but sweet lemon glaze dripping over the top, this bread couldn’t get much better! The glaze really does it, but I love glaze on all my sweet breads.
If you’re gearing up for Spring and you’re wanting something to get you excited and in the mood and over these winter blues, this Lemon Raspberry Bread is just what you need to perk you up. The perfect pairing between sweet and tart with a burst of flavor in each bite!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl mix together your butter and sugar and stir until incorporated.
- Add in your eggs and lemon juice and zest and stir until blended.
- Slowly add in your flour and baking powder mixing slightly before adding in your milk.
- Stir until well blended, some lumps are fine.
- Fold in your raspberries breaking them apart while stirring.
- Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter inside.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile mix together all your glaze ingredients, once bread is cooled pour glaze over top and spread out.
- Cut and serve!
Love Quick Breads? Try these recipes: