My favorite indulgent dessert of all time is Mud Pie. There are many ways to make it, but the best ones always have peanut butter.
Sweet, indulgent, peanut buttery and chocolate rich.
Oreos and peanut butter make up the decadent base, followed by layers of thick fudge and Creamy Mud Pie Ice Cream.
Topped with whipped cream, sliced almonds and a cherry, it’s the ultimate, blissful dessert.
- 1 package of Oreos (30 cookies)
- 3/4 cup - 1 cup Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 carton of Mud Pie Ice Cream (I used Dreyers Slow Churned), softened)
- 1 jar hot fudge topping (or Hershey's Syrup)
- Hershey's Syrup
- Sliced almonds
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
- Place the Oreos into a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. You may need to do this in shifts. Crush as finely as possible. Place crushed Oreos into a large bowl and add the peanut butter. Mash together with a fork until all is well combined. (If you have a food processor, I'd recommend using that for this step).
- Place cupcake liner or treat cups into muffin pans. Place a heaping tablespoon of the cookie/peanut butter mixture in the bottom of each cupcake liner, pressing lightly to form the base. *Tip: have a little dish of water nearby to wet your fingertips as they will get sticky!
- Add a small scoop of softened ice cream. Add just enough to fill to the top of the cupcake liner.
- Freeze your mini mud pies for at least two hours.
- Remove papers, and garnish with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, almond slices and a cherry. Serve immediately, as they do melt rather quickly.
You may also enjoy: