- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups dry pasta macaroni, penne, any small pasta will do)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese ( I used Cheddar, Gouda and Jack)
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1. Add milk, cream, salt, dry mustard, pasta and butter into a medium sized pan.
- 2. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently, over medium heat. Once at a simmer, turn heat down to low.
- 3. Cook and stir frequently for about 20 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add 1/4 more milk if pasta is not fully cooked.
- 4. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. Cover and let stand for at least five minutes.
Check out my other one pot meals: