Looking for a perfectly light and savory salad for your next barbecue? This light and healthy Parmesan Pesto Pasta Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Asparagus is perfect! Whether sharing it at a party or enjoying it as a fresh and cool summer lunch, this salad is filling and delicious.
I love walking around our local Farmer’s Market. Not only am I supporting local farmers, but I’m getting deliciously fresh produce and it’s all just so pretty to look at. I have to keep myself from buying more than I really need! On a recent trip I picked up some grape tomatoes and asparagus and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!
I roasted those yummy tomatoes and asparagus in the oven with just a light drizzle of olive oil and some salt, pepper and fresh basil, as I knew they would be the perfect addition to the Parmesan Pesto Pasta Salad I’d been planning. While the veggies were roasting, I boiled some water to cook up my favorite bowtie pasta just to al dente.
Once everything was finished cooking, I let it all cool for just a bit before mixing in the Hidden Valley™ Parmesan Basil Pesto Sandwich Spread & Dip, some fresh grated Parmesan and fresh basil.
This delicious pasta salad was the perfect filling lunch and once the flavors had more time to blend it was positively irresistible!
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil, plus more for garnish if desired
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley™ Parmesan Basil Pesto Sandwich Spread & Dip
- 1 lb bowtie or rotini pasta
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and trim asparagus. Pat dry and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Place asparagus and tomatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss with fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste (save the bowl to toss pasta in later). Place veggies in a single layer on foil lined cookie sheet. Roast in the oven for about ten minutes or until tomatoes start to blister and asparagus is tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- While veggies are roasting, place pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook to al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Toss pasta in the bowl used for the veggies.
- Add Hidden Valley Basil Parmesan Pesto and stir.
- Fold in the roasted tomatoes and asparagus and sprinkle with fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese. Garnish with fresh, chopped basil, if desired.
This recipe can also be found on Hidden Valley: In the Kitchen.Thanks to Hidden Valley for sponsoring today’s post. Of course, all opinions and content are mine.
For more delicious salads, be sure to check these out:
For all side dishes and salads, go here.
For all recipes on the site, go here.