This Parmesan Zucchini and Corn is fresh and full of flavor, and is sure to be the next hit on your dinner table. It’s a quick and easy side dish that is perfect for busy weeknights.
Besides being super pretty to look at, this easy vegetable skillet is incredibly fresh and delicious. Zucchini and squash are my all-rime favorite vegetables, dating back to my teen years when I discovered deep fried zucchini. My grandma loved to make fried zucchini. She would make it at least once a week during the spring and summer when squash is readily available and inexpensive. And Zucchini Bread, oh her famous Zucchini Bread!
As an adult, I began to love making zucchini in a variety of ways, both baked in desserts and sauteed with a meal. All you need is a little butter and salt and you’ve got a kick-butt side dish that is hearty and healthy.
Zucchini also lends itself to a variety of different flavor profiles – in blends in seamlessly with Italian dishes, like my Hidden Veggie Lasagna Roll-Ups, and it stand up to the smoky flavor of sausage. It’s also mild enough that it can bulk up a variety of baked goods from bread to cookies to muffins to cakes.
My only issue with zucchini, and it’s a minor one, is that if you plan to eat it just diced up, you have to cook it right. One wrong move and it’s mushy-town and you don’t want that! So follow my tips in the recipe below and you’ll have a hearty skillet of Parmesan Zucchini and Corn that will knock your socks off!
Parmesan Zucchini and Corn
Yield 4 -6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced (can sub 2 additional zucchinis)
- 1 15-ounce can corn kernels, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 a small lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Add olive oil to a large skillet oven medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, corn to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender; about 3-4 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the vegetable and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Want more delicious ways to enjoy your veggies? Try these:
And for more Zucchini recipes, try these: