Parmesan Zucchini Crisps are a highly addictive healthy snack that is incredibly simple and easy to make with just two ingredients! Add a side of all new Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch for dipping and you’ll have a delicious, good for you snack that your whole family will love.
Healthy snacking is kind of an oxy-moron isn’t it? I mean, when I’m in the mood for snacking, “healthy” isn’t exactly on my mind. However, I do love me some zucchini and coupled with fresh grated Parmesan I can do healthy snacking thing all the live long day.
When I was a young adult I lived with my grandmother. She’s the one who actually got me addicted to zucchini. Whether it was in her famous Zucchini Bread or in a delicious saute, zucchini was often the vegetable of choice that graced our dinner table. Fried zucchini was her favorite. Not the healthiest of choices but still pretty darn yummy.
Well, guess what folks – these Parmesan Zucchini Crisps taste like fried zucchini without all that pesky frying! Parmesan is a hard cheese, so it has a lot less moisture then softer cheeses. Bake it on it’s own and it’s going to form a crispy little shell , and bake that shell over some zucchini slice, well, all bets are off!
Of course with a delicious snack like this, you’re going to need something to dip it into. I recently got to try a new product from Hidden Valley® which is a brand I already love so I was pretty excited. Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch comes in three flavors, Original Classic (which is what I used for dipping my Parmesan Zucchini Crisps), Chili Lime Ranch and Cucumber Basil Ranch. It’s still the same great taste my family has comes to love about Hidden Valley® Ranch but with no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors.
Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch is of course great on salads, but also as a dip for these delicious Parmesan Zucchini Crisps or in my Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad. These new products are available in the salad dressing aisle at Walmart, where it’s always easy to grab everything you need from zucchini and salad dressing to toilet paper and squirt guns.
Give these Parmesan Zucchini Crisps a try with some yummy Ranch on the side, and be sure to pick up a bunch of zucchini – they are as addictive as potato chips and your family will be begging you to make this snack every day!
Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
Yield 3 -4 servings
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into ⅛” rounds
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a metal baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (if using foil, spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray). Set aside.
- Slice zucchini into thin (about ⅛-¼”) slices.
- Optional step: Lay out on a paper towel to dry for 20. Place another paper towel on top of the zucchini slices and press lightly. This will help remove some moisture which will help the zucchini crisp up a little more.
- Arrange zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. It’s ok if they are touching as they will shrink during baking. Place about a teaspoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of each slice.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool for a few minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Serve with Hidden Valley Simply Ranch for dipping.
Want more delicious snack ideas? Try these:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.