Your whole family will love this nutty Peanut Butter Banana Bread made with bananas, peanut butter and chocolate. Makes a great snack or breakfast or even dessert (ice cream topped peanut butter banana bread anyone?).
This peanut butter banana bread recipe is loosely based off of a recipe I shared a couple of years ago for Sour Cream Banana Muffins. It got a nice creamy and fluffy texture, and the chocolate and peanut butter chips add another level of texture and flavor. It really is amazing! Plus it’s a quick bread which means no waiting for dough to rise. You have delicious warm, sweet bread in just over an hour!
I enjoyed a slice with peanut butter spread on it with my coffee each morning for a week. You could spread it with Nutella, or even just enjoy it by itself.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup of your favorite peanut butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 medium, ripe bananas, mashed with a fork (about 1 cup - 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- Extra peanut butter and chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8-9 inch loaf pan with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or by hand), beat on the butter and peanut butter until creamy and combined. Add sugar and beat on high until light and fluffy; 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Gently stir in flour mixture, just until combined. Gently fold in bananas, just until combined, then chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with additional chips, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60, or until sides pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the loaf pan on a wire rack. Slice and serve. Store in a sealable plastic bag for 4-5 days.
Love Quick Breads? Try these: