A little salty, a little crunchy and a lot chocolatey – that’s the perfect combination in my book and these pretzel brownie bites are a winner!
When I was little, my dad would make brownies a lot. He always added walnuts to them for that extra crunch which I LOVED. Of course with all of our allergies, nuts in brownies are out of the questions, but I miss that special crunchy texture.
My kids found a box of brownie mix in the pantry the other day and asked if we could make brownies. Never one to turn down a request like that, I agreed. I knew we had a bag of pretzels that needed to be eaten and thought this might end up being a perfect combo.
They were easy enough to make that it’s a perfect recipe for the kids to help with. Of course, if you have to photograph the brownies afterwards, they might not be so happy with you.
“Mommy are you done taking pictures yet??”
To make the pretzel brownie bites, you just need a mini muffin pan, some brownie mix, plus the ingredients it calls for, and some pretzels broken into small pieces. After spraying the mini muffin pan with cooking spray, you’ll add in the broken pretzel pieces then pour the brownie batter right over them. I used a cookie scoop and it was the perfect amount for each cup.
Bake them in a 350 degree oven for the length of time noted on the recipe, and allow them to cool for a few minutes before popping them out of the pan and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Now to be honest, I don’t usually use brownie mix because I prefer it from scratch, but when you’re short on time, the mixes work just fine.
A little salty, a little crunchy and a lot chocolatey – perfection!
- Brownie Mix, prepared according to package directions
- *you could also use your favorite brownie recipe
- 3 dozen pretzels, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven according to brownie package directions.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place a few broken pretzel pieces in the bottom of each cup.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter in each cup, over the pretzel pieces.
- Bake according to package or recipe directions.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
You might also enjoy: