This post was sponsored by Disney Super Buddies. All opinions and content are my own.
I was recently given the opportunity to preview the new Super Buddies movie from the creators of the Disney Buddies. We are already huge fans of the Buddies movies, so this was a no-brainer. They always have a great message, and are super adorable to boot! You can own the Blu-Ray Combo pack on August 27, and in the meantime, start planning for a new family tradition – movie night!
Friday nights are movie nights at our house. Dinner is finger food and we drink fun drinks and sit on the living room floor watching our movie. If you follow me on Instagram you’ve already seen a few of these ideas. What you didn’t see last week was the special Super Power Punch I made to help get us in the mood for the new Super Buddies movie!
It’s easy to make and packs quite a visual “punch.” (pun intended – Ha!). Here’s how to make it:
SUPER POWER PUNCH
Red Hawaiian Punch
Blue G2 Gatorade
Diet 7Up, Sprite, or other clear diet soda (must be sugar free)
1. Pour about an inch of Hawaiian Punch into a clear glass
2. Fill to the top with ice.
3. Slowly pour blue G2 Gatorade until the glass is about 2/3 full.
4. Top with colored Diet 7Up.
5. Gently add a straw (you don’t want the colors to mix before you serve it!
My kids think this drink is pretty cool and still haven’t figured out how I get the colors to layer like that. I told them it’s because it’s my super power punch!
1. Create ambiance. Turn down the lights, push aside the coffee table and lay down blankets, or jump into your jammies, or even set up a projector outside. This is a special night and requires you to step up the normal dinner routine.
2. Take turns choosing the movie. Let your kids guide the movie selection by scanning Netflix with you, choosing a DVD you already own, or selecting something from Redbox. Make sure mom and dad get to choose once in a while too!
3. Choose a fun finger foods menu. No one wants to have to use a fork and spoon to eat with when you’re sitting on the floor trying to watch a movie. I picked up these cute baskets in the dollar bin at Target, but I’ve also seen them other places.
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve may have seen these simple dinner baskets.
Here are some other menu ideas:
French Bread Pizza
Shredded Beef and Black Bean Nachos
Mac & Cheese Crostini
BBQ Chicken & Jack Quesadillas
Mini chicken sandwiches
Grilled cheese roll-ups
Fruits (grapes, melon, blueberries, apples, bananas)
Raw veggies & ranch dip
Baked french fries
4. Plan Ahead. Choose your movie, plan out your menu, get everyone excited beforehand – kids love having something fun to look forward to. AND it gives them a little extra incentive to be extra good on Fridays!
Here’s a free downloadable Movie Night Planner to help get you started!
To download the printable, click on the link, above, and download the pdf. Attempting to download the image from this page will result in a poor quality print. All of my free printables are my gift to you and are for personal use only. They are not to be sold or redistributed.
5. Encourage discussion. Use my sharing question option at the bottom of the Movie Night Planner as an ice breaker to encourage your children to discuss thoughts about the movie, or how it’s relevant to their lives today.
I hope this list gives you some great ideas for planning your own movie night and creating some fun new memories with your family. Why not start next week with the release of Disney’s Super Buddies and some Super Power Punch?
You can follow along with the Disney Buddies on Facebook and Pinterest. Plus visit the official Disney Super Buddies website for more information on the movie. Want even more Super Buddies and super hero fun? Be sure to visit all of the great projects below as well.