This is a refreshing, summer salad that will make a statement at your next picnic or family reunion! You may think mixing watermelon in with pasta sounds strange, but it is so good. You’ll have to give it a try while watermelon is so readily available this summer.
Hi I’m Sarah! Join me over at All Things with Purpose for other easy meal ideas! I also blog about crafts, DIY’s, sewing and decorating. Last Summer, we started a vintage camper trailer overhaul and she is almost done and ready to enjoy! You can follow along with my vintage trailer adventures on Instagram using the hashtag #GidgetGoesCamping Find me here: @Purposeblog
This pasta salad is so easy to make!Cook the pasta and let it cool. Once the pasta is cold, add the remaining ingredients, adding the watermelon last. I have done variations of this recipe going without chicken or turkey and omitting the yogurt. The watermelon and pasta combination is a fresh, Summer treat!
- 2 cups cooked pasta of your choice (penne, spiral or bow tie)
- 1½ cups cooked turkey breast or chicken (8 oz) *also great without
- ½ cup sliced celery, cucumbers or green pepper
- 1½ cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, red onion or fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- Cook the pasta and let it cool in the fridge. Once the pasta is cold, add the remaining ingredients, adding the watermelon last.
- Serve chilled.
For more great summer recipes, be sure to try these:
For all recipes on the site, go HERE.