These Caramel Stuffed Spiced Pumpkin Muffins take all the flavors of fall that you love and stuff them into a three ingredient, easy to make muffin that the whole family will love.
Does that not look amazing?? I got some surprised looks when I shared these muffins but in the end they received high praise. The muffin itself is tender and moist, and the caramel inside is all melty and gooey and just so yummy.
There is a trick to these, as the caramel does tend to set once they cool. If this happens just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up. Or serve them right out of the oven for the ultimate in caramel goodness.
See that caramel peeking out of the top. YUM.
Of course, they are incredibly easy to make. All you need is one can of pumpkin, a box of spice cake mix and 12 caramels. I prefer the square Kraft caramels.
3 Ingredient Caramel Stuffed Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
- 1-15 oz. can of pumpkin not pie filling
- 1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
- 12 Kraft caramels unwrapped
- Mix together the pumpkin and spice cake mix in a medium bowl until blended, careful to not overmix.
- Prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cups with cooking spray, or use cupcake wrappers.
- Press one caramel square lightly into each cup. Use a spoon to smooth batter over the caramel. Do not press all the way in to the bottom.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 cups and bake at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm. If caramels set, feel free to pop the muffins in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
For other versions of this recipe, check these out:
For more delicious pumpkin recipes, be sure to check these out:
For more great breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For a complete list of recipes on the site, go HERE.