One thing I can always count on being able to get my children to eat is grilled chicken. However, I get tired of the same blah chicken over and over. I set out on a mission the other day to find something new. I settled on this recipe, but had to modify it a bit based on what I had available in my kitchen.
This fantastically easy chicken dish is perfect grilled on the stove or would be even more delicious on your outdoor grill. The marinade is tangy and sweet. The chicken cooks in the liquid and while it’s cooking the liquid will evaporate and caramelize and will be sooo yummy!
The key is not to turn it a bunch of times. Just once is enough and will allow the chicken to cook evenly on both sides without falling apart. When ready to serve, dredge the chicken once more through the pan drippings.
Grilled Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 pound of chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix dressing, syrup and lemon juice together.
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag and pour marinade in.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the entire contents of the bag into a large skillet over medium heat, moving pieces around so you have chicken in a single layer.
- Let the chicken cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, turning it once, making sure to give it time to brown on each side.
- When ready to serve, dredge the chicken once more through the pan drippings.
Have you tried one of the recipes I’ve shared in the 31 Days series?