Rice Krispie Treats and Apple Pie – it doesn’t get any more All-American than that. Both are favorites in this house, so when I got the idea to combine their flavors in a delicious fall treat, there was no stopping me! I ran to the grocery store to grab the ingredients.
I cannot wait for you to try out this new variation on a couple of old stand-by favorites!
Rice Krispies + Dried Apples + Marshmallows + White Chocolate = A winning combination by anyone’s standards.
I thought about using real apples but knew that would drastically change the sustainability of this recipe…although, if you’re in my house, you know these won’t last the day. These dried apples were the perfect solution for that.
Traditional Rice Krispie Treats are pretty to make and you can add just about anything you want to make them a little more special.
A couple of tips: Use cooking spray on a silicone spatula when stirring, and spray on your fingers when spreading. This will help keep the marshmallow for becoming a sticky mess on your spoon and hands.
Do you have a favorite recipe for rice krispie treats? Leave a comment and tell me what it is – I’d love to try it!
If you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe, you may also like:
Apple Pie Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Ground Cinnamon, for dusting
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine marshmallows and butter. Melt on high for 2-3 minutes, checking and stirring every 45 seconds or so, until completely melted.
- Add rice krispies, apples, and white chocolate chips. Stir until evenly combined.
- Pour in a foil or wax paper lined 13"x9" pan and spread with your finger.
- Dust with cinnamon.
- Allow to cool for at least one hour before cutting into squares.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.