Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders, crisp lettuce and a sweet and tangy, Greek Yogurt based, Asian-style honey mustard dressing make this salad a must have for your weekly menu!
Salads are my go-to during the spring and summer months, and truth be told, sweeter dressings are my favorite. I especially like Greek Yogurt based dressings, too. The dressing for this Crispy Chicken Salad has both of those components, along with a tanginess that comes from rice vinegar and dijon mustard. This salad is similar to an Applebee’s Copycat Oriental Chicken Salad from Lil Luna that I came across a while back and have been really wanting to replicate.
The salad itself is open for interpretation. I used what I had on hand, and it was amazing! I had some toasted Ramen noodles and almonds leftover from my Salmon Salad so I threw them in as well as some honey roasted peanut. I love a little crunch in my salad! I also added red cabbage, cucumbers, celery and green onions.
Have you ever baked chicken tenders instead of frying them? They get super nice and crunchy. I usually pop them under the broiler too to get that nice golden color. So much healthier than frying! And when you’re eating a salad, you want things a little healthier, right? I don’t even brush them with oil or anything else, just a quick dredge in some flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
My kids loved this salad and so did I – it will be making it into the monthly rotation for sure.
Baked Crispy Chicken Salad with Asian Style Honey Mustard DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 5-6 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped Red Cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles or toasted Ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top (optional).
- Pat chicken tenders dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Set up an assembly line with the flour in one dish, the egg whisked with the milk in another, and the breadcrumbs in a third. Working with one wet hand and one dry hand, coat the chicken with the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs, pressing them into the chicken to coat completely. Place on the foil or wire rack. Repeat with each chicken tender.
- Bake chicken at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink. To get the golden color on the outside, place the chicken under the broiler for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, honey, rice vinegar, dijon mustard and olive oil. Taste and add salt if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add vegetables to a large bowl and stir to combine. Just before serving, add half of the dressing and toss to coat. If desired, add remaining dressing and toss to coat. (I add the dressing in increments to make sure the salad isn't over dressed).
- Divide salad into two large bowls or plates and top with toasted Ramen noodles, almonds, peanuts and crispy chicken tenders. Serve immediately.
For more salad recipes, try these: