Hey friends! It’s Amy from A Cup Full of Sass. I am back to share another fun recipe with you. Now that fall is quickly approaching I find myself baking more than ever. Candy Corn Popcorn Balls make the perfect treat for anyone – kids and adults. Every year on Halloween my grandparents make Popcorn Balls for all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. It’s a tradition we look forward to every year on October 31st!
This recipe is so easy to make. Each popcorn ball is covered with caramel and let’s not forget the oh so popular candy corn. But if you are not a fan of candy corn, just leave it out of the recipe.
These are so easy to make and would be the perfect dessert to serve at your next Fall or Halloween party.
Candy Corn Popcorn Balls
Perfect dessert for your Fall and or Halloween party. Kids and adults love these! This make approximately 6 medium size popcorn balls. For more servings double or triple the recipe.
Yield 6 Popcorn Balls
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn popped
- 1 - 11 oz. bag of Kraft caramels
- 2 Tbsp. of water
- 1/2 cup of candy corn (or add as much as you desire)
- Pop bag of popcorn and try to remove any kernels that did not pop.
- Add popped popcorn to large bowl.
- Add candy corn to popcorn.
- Unwrap caramel squares and add to a medium size pot.
- Add water to pot.
- Turn burner on medium heat to melt caramels.
- Stir caramels continuously so caramel does not burn.
- Once caramel is melted, pour over popcorn.
- Stir caramel, popcorn and candy corn together until mixed well.
- Lightly dampen hands with water and start forming into popcorn balls. Pack the popcorn and caramel and candy together firmly.
- Be careful because the caramel is still hot.
- Once popcorn ball is formed place on wax paper and let harden.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do. For more recipes visit A Cup Full of Sass.
For more Halloween treats, try these: