It’s not quite apple season yet, but it’s nearing, and I’ve had a craving. Unfortunately, the apples just aren’t as good this time of year.
So what do you do when you are craving fresh apples out of season?
Smother them with marshmallow and chocolate, of course!
This is one of those “perfection in the imperfection” kinds of recipes. And it’s as simple as it is yummy.
You simple slice your apples, I got about twelve slices per apple, and used both red and green for a little tart, and a little sweet.
Top with melted marshmallow sauce, chocolate, caramel and broken pretzel bits. The toppings can also be adjusted to suit your taste.
We used our fingers to pick these up, but we’re animals like that.
Caramel Apple Pretzel Nachos
- 4 medium sized apples sliced (about 12 slices per apple)
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup broken pretzel pieces
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Soak apples in a bowl of water with the juice from one lemon for about thirty minutes. This helps to keep them from browning while they're sitting out.
- Drain apples and pat dry. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Place butter and marshmallow in a microwave safe, medium sized bowl. Cook for approximately a minute and 45 seconds. Watch to ensure it doesn't boil over. Stir until smooth.
- Pour marshmallow sauce over apples. Place platter in the refrigerator for five to ten minutes to allow the sauce to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle pretzel bits over the top and drizzle with your choice of toppings.