Caramel and apples are truly tastes of the fall season, and these cookies encompass all of those flavors plus a little white chocolate into a soft and tender cookie.
Caramel apples have always been one of my favorite fall treats. The sweet and chewy caramel combined with the tart crispness of an fresh apple is just a taste unlike any other. So when I happened to spy a box of Caramel Apple Cake Mix on a recent trip to Target, I knew I had to make something with it.
Last year I had my first experience with cake mix cookies when I made my Snowball Cookies for the Frozen Party we had. They were amazing, and one of the best cookies I’d ever had – making them completely addicting of course.
I used the Snowball Cookie Recipe as my base for these Caramel Apple Cookies. There are only six ingredients, and not a lot of measuring. The dough is a little sticky though, so just be prepared for that. The outcome is amazing and I promise you’re messy hands will thank you later!
Caramel Apple White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box Caramel Apple Cake Mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 dozen soft caramels unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer on low speed, mix cake mix, cream cheese, oil and eggs until well combined. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, form a ball from about 2 tablespoons of dough and press a caramel inside, wrapping the dough around it. The dough is pretty sticky so have a towel nearby.
- Place caramel stuffed cookie dough balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 11-13 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown slightly on top.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes so the caramel can start to set, then transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before eating.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week, or in the refrigerator for a little longer. If refrigerated, place cookies on a microwave safe plate and zap them for 5-7 seconds to soften the caramel.
For more great tastes of the season, my friends are sharing their own sweet recipes, too! Stop by and check them out.
Spiced Pumpkin Mocha Latte by City Farmhouse | Caramel Apple White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Yellow Bliss Road | Almond Apple Pear Tarts by Shades of Blue | Spiced Pumpkin Maple Syrup by Ella Claire | Fall Marshmallow Pops by Craftberry Bush | Pecan Walnut Pie with Cream Cheese by Thoughts from Alice | Chocolate Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bars by Clean and Scentsible | Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins by AKA Design | Grown Up Apple Crumble by Finding Silver Pennies | Pumpkin Pie Made From Scratch by Town and Country Living
Here are a few more sweet fall treats you might enjoy:
For all sweets and treats be sure to go HERE.
For a complete list of recipes on the site, so HERE.