These drip free “ice cream” sandwiches taste like cheesecake, but they are much lower in calories. Kids love them and they are drip/mess free, making them a prefect cool treat for adults and kids alike.
This recipe is so easy to make, you’ll want to make them every week! You probably have the ingredients on hand – cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and graham crackers. You could definitely just use Cool Whip for these, but the addition of the cream cheese gives a rich cheesecake flavor that is just amazing.
First you’ll lay out the graham crackers in a square baking dish that’s been lined with parchment or foil.
Whisk the cream cheese and sugar together with a mixer. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer. Once the sugar and cream cheese are nice and fluffy, add the softened Cool Whip. It will be near impossible to wait to taste it at this point so grab a spoon and get just a little taste, then pour the rest onto the graham crackers and spread it out evenly.
Finally top with graham crackers and freeze for at least three hours.
Once the sandwiches are completely frozen, lift them out by using the paper as handles, and cut into individual squares. Dip the edges in sprinkles, mini chocolate chip, or even graham cracker crumbs. The best part is they don’t melt like traditional ice cream so they are perfect for kids!
Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 9 full sheet Graham Crackers
- 5 oz Cool Whip softened (about half a tub)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Break the graham crackers in half to make 18 squares. Lay out 9 of the graham crackers in a square baking dish that's been lined with parchment or foil.
- Whisk the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together with a mixer on medium speed. Once the sugar and cream cheese are combined and smooth, add the softened Cool Whip and whip together for 1-2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour the Cool Whip mixture over the graham crackers.
- Top with remaining graham crackers to make sandwiches
- Freeze for at least three hours.
- Once the sandwiches are completely frozen, lift them out of the baking dish by using the paper as handles, and cut into individual squares. Dip the edges in sprinkles, mini chocolate chip, or even graham cracker crumbs.
For more delicious frozen treats, be sure to check these out:
For a complete list of recipes on the site, be sure to go HERE.