This Chicken & Bacon Artichoke Dip is ultra creamy and flavorful, and is a deliciously hearty and savory appetizer that’s perfect for fall tailgating.
This hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip has always been one of my favorite appetizers. It’s creamy and cheesy and feel so decadent. But being that I’m not a huge fan of spinach, I wanted to mix it up and try the recipe sans spinach. It still needed a little something to make it a little more substantial and I still had a ton of this slow cooker shredded chicken…it was the perfect marriage! I figured a little bacon couldn’t hurt, because, well…bacon.
The base for the recipe is similar to the original – cream cheese, Mozzarella, Parmesan, sour cream, mayo and garlic. Together they make this dip ultra creamy and cheesy. The addition of the chicken tones down the richness of the cheeses and makes this artichoke dip a more substantial appetizer. It’s perfect for tailgating, girls’ night or even lunch!
Chicken & Bacon Artichoke Dip
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 1 cup shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained, and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 1 cup fresh shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8"x8" baking dish or 8" pie plate with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except the Mozzarella in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Want to try some more delicious dips?
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.