Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini – A perfectly hot-pressed sandwich filled with breaded chicken, thinly sliced ham, and provolone cheese.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini Sandwich
Hello Yellow Bliss Road readers!! It’s Jaren from Diary of a Recipe Collector, and I’m here to share a great sandwich recipe with you all! Let me start by introducing myself. I’m a southern girl, born and raised in Cajun Country, i.e. South Louisiana. I’m a mom to four kiddos, and my blog is all about family friendly recipes. I absolutely adore Kristin’s blog so much. I mean I could stay on here for hours!! She has so much great stuff!
Right now we are approaching the end of our summer vacation down here, so I’m trying to soak up every moment with the kids. We are seriously trying very hard to check everything off of our summer bucket list before my older two head back to school.
With all the kids at home, my suppers have been pretty quick and easy lately. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini is just that sort of supper. I am the self-proclaimed “Panini Queen.” What can I say? I love a good hot-pressed, melty-cheesy kind of sandwich. I’ve made a Chicken Fajita version, a Chicken Caprese version, and now I bring you this Chicken Cordon Bleu version.
Now on most sandwiches I make, I usually grill the chicken, but I thought I’d try something different on this one. I pan-fried the chicken after coating them in some panko bread crumbs. It was really simple to do, and it didn’t take too much longer to prepare. If you are watching your calories though, grilled chicken would be perfect on this too. My kids went crazy over the chicken! Even my son, who has decided he doesn’t like chicken anymore, gave it a try and loved it! Yes!
Next, rather than using swiss cheese or gruyere, I opted to use provolone. It is just what my family prefers. You can also use regular mustard or Dijon. That is what is so great about making a panini. You can change up things, and make it with your family’s favorites.
Going low-carb? You can skip out on the bread, and just place the ham and cheese over the cooked chicken and run it under the broiler a few minutes. I love meals that can make everyone happy!
I hope you enjoy it along with your last few weeks of summer! Thanks for allowing me to share with you today!
Looking for other great sandwich recipes?
- Barbecue Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches
- Club Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Fajita Panini
- Chicken Caprese Panini
- Club Croissants with Roasted Red Onion Mayo
Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces lunch meat ham 6 slices
- 6 ounces of provolone slices
- 8 ounces french bread about half a loaf
- Olive oil for grilling panini
- Optional condiments: mayo mustard (regular or Dijon)
- Brush chicken breasts with a thin-coating of mustard. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- In a shallow dish, mix remaining salt and pepper, Italian seasoning mix, and panko.
- Dip chicken into panko on both sides pressing to coat all of chicken with bread crumbs.
- Place in large skillet with olive oil heated over medium-high heat. Cook on both sides until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, slice bread into 1 inch slices.
- Spread both sides with desired condiments. Top one side with sliced cooked chicken, ham, provolone, and other slice of bread. Brush both sides of sandwich with a little olive oil.
- Place in a pan heated over medium-high heat. Press down sandwich (I use another skillet to do so). Flip once golden brown, and repeat on the other side. Repeat with other sandwiches.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.