Chicken, Bacon, Ranch and Cheddar Cheese are combined with cream cheese and green onions and baked, creating this creamy and indulgent Chicken Crack Dip.
Chicken Crack. It may not sound “nice” but I promise you, the tongue-in-cheek title for this concoction is the best way to define the most delicious thing you’ve ever tasted. It’s so addictive you won’t want to put it down!
It’s no secret that I am total sucker for cheesy dips – take my Garlic Bread Cheese Dip or Hot Bacon Dip – they are all super cheesy, creamy and incredible. I mean, when you dip that piece of toasted bread or a crispy tortilla chip and pull out all that flavorful, ooey-gooey goodness it’s like heaven. Angels sing and lights are shining down.
Ok maybe I’m being a little dramatic, but you get that “oh-my-gosh” feeling for sure.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CRACK DIP
This dip is super easy to whip up, and you probably even have all of the ingredients on hand already! Here are the ingredients you need to make Crack Chicken Dip:
- shredded chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese (fresh is best, not bagged)
- ranch seasoning mix
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
Hot sauce or buffalo sauce is an optional ingredient that I included in the recipe below. It not necessary as the dip itself already has a ton of flavor, but if definitely will add a healthy kick if that’s what you’re looking for.
So all of these ingredients are mixed together really well, and spread into a small baking dish. It may be tempting to use a larger baking dish, but then you’d have to double the recipe…which come to think of it wouldn’t be a bad thing because this stuff is guaranteed to disappear fast!
Here are some more highly additive dips to try – you can thank me later.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Crab Dip Recipe
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- BLT Dip with Crostini
- Ground Beef Enchilada Dip
Tools used to make this Chicken Crack Dip:
Hand mixer – Helpful for beating the cream cheese, and also for shredding chicken. Love this brand because it’s got it’s own storage case to keep the beaters handy and the cord stowed away.
1 quart casserole dish – the perfect size for dips. An 8-inch square works as well, but I prefer this shape with no deep corners.
Box grater – I love the large handle, and the different grate sizes.
Cut resistant glove – I use one of these glove every single time I use my grater or mandolin. Keeps your knuckles safe for harm!
Chicken Crack Dip
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pack Ranch Seasoning Mix or 2 tablespoons
- 4-5 slices of bacon cooked crisp, drained and crumbled, 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
- 1 ½ cups freshly shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- Hot sauce or Buffalo sauce to taste (optional)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square or oval baking dish with nonstick cookie spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream and Ranch seasoning mix until well combined. Stir in bacon, 1 cup cheddar cheese and shredded chicken. Add hot sauce if desired.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. If you want a more golden top, add a few minutes under the broiler.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve hot with tortilla chips, corn chips or crackers.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.