I’ve always enjoyed taking an old standby favorite and making it a little more fun and just a little more delicious. These Chocolate Coconut Creme Rice Krispie Treat are absolutely no exception!
I’m sure you can guess by the photo that Hershey Kisses are part of this delicious treat.
Coconut Creme Hershey Kisses to be exact. Have you ever tried a Hershey Kiss flavor that wasn’t delicious? Ok well maybe the cherry one – I’m not a fan – but Hershey Kisses have always been one of my favorite candies. So while I was strolling the aisles of my grocery store the other day checking out the Easter candy, I spied with my little eye these bad boys and they somehow jumped across the aisle and right into my cart.
I didn’t have the heart to put them back so I brought them home and promised them great things were about to happen.
I started out making the basic Rice Krispie Treats recipe with marshmallows, butter and Rice Krispies. As I stirred in the cereal I added three dozen Coconut Creme Kisses and a half cup of coconut. The warm marshmallow allows the chocolate to melt slightly and blend perfectly into the treats.
I pressed them in a pan and popped them in the freezer because waiting an hour for them to cool was just too long.
I’m apparently on a coconut kick because I also made some lemon coconut bars and some orange coconut muffins, which I’ll be sharing next week.
In the meantime, do yourself a huge favor and make these Krispie Treats. Your family will thank you.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 10 oz package mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 36 Coconut Creme Hershey Kisses unwrapped
- 1/2 cup coconut plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter for 2 minutes, stirring intermittently. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted and blended.
- Add in cereal and blend.
- Stir in kisses and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Line a 13" x 9" pan with foil or parchment paper. Press treats into the pan and garnish with 1/4 cup coconut.
- Allow to cool completely before lifting out of the pan and cutting into squares.
You might also enjoy:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.