This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hershey Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
These incredible sweet rolls are filled with Hershey’s Chocolate Chips and Heath Toffee Bits and sprinkled with cinnamon. They are rolled up and baked to golden brown perfection and then smothered in a sweet salted caramel icing.
I’m not typically one for sweets – I almost always choose savory – but during the holidays I’m all about the sweets. I always have a supply of Hershey’s chocolate on hand – from Hershey’s Chocolate Chips to Hershey’s Cocoa powder to those classic Hershey’s Kisses chocolates.
I started out intending to make a traditional cinnamon roll, but these Hershey’s Chocolate Chips and Heath Toffee Bits were staring me in the face begging me to use them. (see? I told you I always have them on hand!).
I finally gave in and the result was this chocolatey, salty, ooey-gooey sinful treat. The salted caramel icing is so easy to make while the sweet rolls are baking, and is poured on while the rolls are hot. The best part is they are mini sized, so you can of course indulge in two, or five, if you like.
Sweet rolls are typically a breakfast indulgence, but these Chocolate Toffee Cinnamon Rolls are so decadent I’d definitely recommend enjoying them with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. I’ll bet Santa would be thrilled to get some of these delicious sweet rolls instead of cookies this year!
This would be a great recipe to get your kids involved with – the ingredients and simple and the process is too. Little ones can help sprinkle chocolate chips and roll the dough, and older ones could help with making the icing. This holiday season, start new traditions, build lasting memories and enjoy the magic of the season with your family by baking and creating with Hershey products.
Chocolate Toffee Cinnamon Sweet Rolls with Salted Caramel IcingPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Heath Toffee Bits
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough, pinching seems together to form one sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Heath Toffee Bits and cinnamon. Roll lengthwise (from the long side) to form a log. With a sharp knife, cut the log into 12 even slices. Place into a round or square baking dish, or onto a baking sheet. They can be close together or spread apart, it's your preference.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are cooking, make the salted caramel icing.
- Over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Stir in brown sugar, milk, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook for about 3 minutes. Do not boil as caramel can burn. Remove from heat and stir in confectioner's sugar. Taste, and stir in more salt if desired.
- If icing is too thick, or becomes thick while standing waiting for the rolls to bake, stir in a splash of milk.
- Spread icing on hot rolls and sprinkle on more chocolate chips and toffee bits, if desired.
Be sure to visit The Hershey Company website for more sweet holiday treats!
For more delicious sweet treats, try these: