Salads are a staple of spring. So light and fresh and perfect for enjoying outside on the patio on a warm spring day. This Chopped Cobb Salad has a spicy garlic vinaigrette dressing and delicious homemade garlic & herb croutons!
I LOVE salads, and lately, chopped salads are my favorite. So it made sense to create a chopped salad that everyone would love – a Chopped Cobb! The dressing is a tangy, slightly spicy, garlic vinaigrette. What knocks this salad out of the park though, are the homemade garlic & herb croutons. Holy goodness they are addicting, and so easy to make!
Chopped Cobb Salad
- 6 cups romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs diced
- 6 strips of bacon cooked and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Spicy Garlic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse on medium. Pour dressing into a mason jar to store. To serve, just shake the jar, and pour on your salad.
- Toss all ingredients together lightly and top with spicy garlic vinaigrette dressing and homemade croutons.
Find the recipe for the Homemade Croutons HERE.