Welcome to the Hello Holidays event at Yellow Bliss Road!
We are in major Christmas countdown mode here at the Road with tons of holiday inspiration for Christmas crafts, Christmas gift ideas, and Christmas recipes & treats. I’ve got lots of friends stopping by to share some of their favorite projects and I can’t wait for you to see what they are sharing. Please give a big welcome to Kimberly!
Hi Yellow Bliss Road readers! Kimberly from A Night Owl here! I just stinking love this time of year, and holiday crafting I have to say, is tops on my list. So I was so excited to join in on Kristin’s holiday series! Everything is so fun and festive and today’s fun and easy craft is no exception – a Wood Shim Christmas Tree!
I’ve recently fallen head over heels with crafting with wood shims. Have you seen wood shim projects before? They’re small pieces of wood that are actually just perfect for a number of things. I recently styled a ABC Kids Christmas Tree and I used wood shims to create a marquee tree topper! I had a pack leftover from that project and my mind has been racing to think of other holiday projects we could dream up…and this adorable Christmas tree was born. It’s super cute and really so simple.
- Pack of wood shims
- Longer wooden craft stick (or lath stick)
- Wood glue
- Staple gun
- Green spray paint
- Painter’s tape
- Stain your long “base” stick that will serve as your tree trunk – and what all the wood shims will be attached to.
- Once the stick is dry, simply arrange your wood shims, thinner side in, along the base stick – attaching to the base with a bit of wood glue and your staple gun.
- Alternate wood shims, overlaying the top and securing with more wood glue and staple gun.
- Repeat these steps until you are happy with the final outcome.
- Then cover the bottom of the base stick that is still exposed with painter’s tape.
- Spray paint your wood shims with green spray paint. Thin coats until proper coverage is achieved.
- Let dry.
Once the paint is dry, you can remove your painter’s tape and voila! One fun and festive Wood Shim Christmas Tree!
This tree is perfect for your holiday decor! Attach it to your gallery wall with some Command strips, or arrange it on your mantle. The possibilities are endless and for just a couple dollars you have a perfectly festive little tree. What do you think? It is really a fun and easy project – I hope you’ll give it a try!
Thanks again to Kristin for having us today! If you love this quick and easy project, I hope you’ll stop by A Night Owl for more easy crafts and recipes! You can also find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ most days. I’m a social media addict! Be sure to say hi if you stop by!
Thanks you so much for sharing today Kimberly! It was great to have you visit. If you’d like to see more from the Hello Holidays event, click HERE.