Hi everyone! Heather here from The Caterpillar Years, sharing a quick and easy, crowd pleasing desert recipe!
My girls love helping me in the kitchen, and this recipe is perfect for involving kids, with out much stress, hassle, or mess!
It only takes a few ingredients, and 30 minutes to make these delicious summer treats! Easy and fast to prep before a playdate, picnic, or gathering with friends and family. Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Lemon Bars
Yield 9 bars
- 1 box cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon (about 1 tbsp, divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix, 1 egg, coconut oil and 1/2 tbsp lemon zest until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup.
- Pat remaining mixture into an ungreased 9” x 9” baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, 1 egg and remaining lemon zest until creamy.
- Spread over baked layer. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture and gently press into the cheese mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate. Once the cream cheese is firm, cut into bars.
- Refrigerate bars for up to one week.
Check out these kid-friendly recipes and MORE from The Caterpillar Years!