These ice cream sundae cookies have all of your favorite sundae toppings in a delicious cookie!
I was recently planning a fun ice cream party for a few friends (more on that later this week) and I was planning to set up a make your own ice cream sandwich bar. I was dreaming up all kinds of combinations of cookies and ice cream, and I thought how fun it would be to have a cookie that included a bunch of ice cream toppings!
The base of the cookie is yellow cake mix, and to that you add some eggs and melted butter and mix it up until it’s combined well. Then the fun part – choose your mix ins. I added some maraschino cherries (yum!), mini chocolate chips, and a bunch of fun sprinkles.
I think the addition of the cherries was definitely my favorite.
These ice cream sundae cookies were so fun and my kids loved them! They are perfect for making ice cream sandwiches, or as an extra surprise in school lunches.
Ice Cream Sundae Cookies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and drain maraschino cherries. Pat dry with a paper towel, chop, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, eggs, and melted butter.
- Stir in sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Gently press the cherries dry once more, then gently fold into the batter.
- Drop two tablespoons of batter 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For more delicious cookie recipes, try these: