Are you a fan of broccoli? It used to be one of those things that my mom had to drown in cheese sauce in order for me to eat it as a child. I absolutely did not like it. It’s funny how things you didn’t care for as a child you come to love as a adult. I love broccoli and I’m always adding it to meals. This Chicken Broccoli Rice has a hint of garlic and lime and is absolutely delicious, and so simple to make.
One pot meals Like my Creamy Tortellini and Sausage, or my Pizza Pasta, are so easy to throw together, especially on busy weeknights. I love that they are quick and simple and that it leaves me with only one dish to clean!
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 large chicken breasts diced
- 2 cups raw broccoli diced
- salt and pepper
- Fresh grated Parmesan for topping if desired
- In a 12" pan, heat a small amount of oil and cook diced chicken over medium high heat until browned. Chicken does not have to be cooked all the way through.
- Add rice and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add broccoli, chicken broth, garlic, garlic salt and lime juice. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: