This No Bake Almond Joy Pound Cake is a delicious, chocolate and coconut dessert that is so easy and can be made in minutes!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home again sharing the ultimate in easy desserts, a No Bake Almond Joy Pound Cake! My family loves this delicious dessert, inspired by one of our favorite candy bars!
I have been baking Almond Joy cookies for years and even won a cooking contest with them! The cookies are a little labor intensive so I have been looking for a way to get the same taste without all the work, and this pound cake definitely is a great replacement!
Here in the Northeast, we are playing a not fun game of rapidly changing seasons. One week we have moderate temperatures and the next week, a blizzard. It is hard to see the light at the end of the winter tunnel when we have so much snow on the ground, so I am trying to bring a little spring into our lives through my cooking and decorating! We brought out some fun Easter decorations last week and I have been trying to make lighter dinners. And for dessert, nothing says warm weather to me more than coconut! Maybe because I associate it with pina coladas, but coconut just seems so summery to me!
My mother in law makes a delicious no bake pound cake where she tops a frozen pound cake with a peanut butter mixture and then chocolate and it tastes like a Tagalong cookie! I wanted to do something similar with this recipe and after debating some delicious flavors, ultimately decided on the delicious combination of coconut and chocolate! I even thought about throwing some caramel into the layers, but wanted to keep this simple and easy!
This No Bake Almond Joy Pound Cake is perfect to take with you to any occasion coming up! No one will even notice that you used a store bought pound cake when they taste the delicious toppings!
Since it is no bake, you can throw this dessert together in minutes, let it set up, and then it is ready for transport! I love bringing dishes to parties that don’t need to be kept cold or hot! The easier the better! I hope you love this dessert as much as we do!
If you’ve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. Or, tag us on social media @yellowblissroad or #yellowblissroad for a chance to be featured.
Almond Joy Pound Cake
This No Bake Almond Joy Pound Cake starts with a frozen pound cake, then gets layered with creamy coconut, salty almonds, and chocolate! The perfect easy dessert!
- 1 frozen pound cake
- 2 cups of sweetened flaked coconut
- 7 oz. of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Remove pound cake from the container and let defrost for 10-15 minutes. Place on a piece of parchment paper or a baking sheet to catch the drips from the chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut flakes and the condensed milk. Mix until all the coconut is wet and sticky. Spread mixture onto the top of the pound cake.
- Lay almonds across the top of the cake, pushing them slightly down into the coconut mixture so they stick.
- In a small microwave safe bowl with a spout, add both types of chocolate chips. Cook in the microwave, for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time. Microwave until melted. It took a total of about 2 minutes for mine.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cake and use a spatula to spread.
- Let cake sit for at least 1 one hour, or until chocolate sets back up.
Looking for more easy desserts?
For more easy desserts try these: