This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ . All opinions are 100% mine.
If you’re a fan of traditional taquitos, you will love this super simple recipe for homemade, oven baked taquitos. The barbecue chicken gives a truly unique taste to this Mexican classic, and the homemade Ranch (inspired by the Pioneer Woman’s recipe) is simply to die for!
I have been making Rolled Tacos (Taquitos) since I was in high school. They are always a favorite and I’m always asked for the recipe, which I shared HERE. But I had some Barbecue Pulled Chicken that I was trying to find something unique to do with and taquitos was the first thing that came to mind. I also wanted to bake them in the oven this time instead of frying them, and they turned out fantastic. By oven baking them, they aren’t nearly as heavy as the traditional frying method. I just brushed the tops with canola oil to keep the tortillas from drying out in the oven.
I decided to make a ranch dipping sauce, since barbecue and ranch flavors pair so well together. The base is The Pioneer Woman’s recipe, but I omitted some of the spiciness since my kids wouldn’t appreciate that. The base is a mix of mayo and sour cream, but you could use more sour cream and less mayo if you want. It’s really not about the measurements but about the flavor you like. You could also use lowfat ingredients. I used nonfat milk instead of Buttermilk, and I still loved the flavor.
The real key is the fresh herbs and spices. I used fresh dill (I seriously could keep this next to my bed – I so love the scent), fresh chives, and fresh parsley, along with garlic, black pepper, salt and some dried chipotle pepper (just a pinch). Mix it all up in a blender or food processor and store in an airtight container.
The Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ Pulled Chicken was a lifesaver for this recipe – Just open the package, stir and start preparing your taquitos. The meat is tender and juicy and has tons of great barbecue flavor. Using the prepared meat means less time in the kitchen, and more time enjoying the last few days of summer! Get a $1.00 off coupon now.
These homemade taquitos are the perfect hand held food for parties. You don’t need to serve a ton of food to have a great menu. When creating the perfect party menu, remember to choose a couple of items that you can prepare ahead of time, like cold dips and veggies. Then have a couple of items that you will prepare on the day of. You definitely don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen!
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Taquitos with Homemade Ranch
- 14 corn tortillas
- 1 package Farm Rich Pulled Chicken BBQ
- Canola oil, for brushing the tops of the taquitos
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chipotle or cayenne pepper (for heat, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk, or more if needed for consistency
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Open pulled chicken package and stir. Heat tortillas, wrapped in a few paper towels, for 1-2 minutes in the microwave to soften. Keep the tortillas covered as you work with one at a time.Place one tortilla on a flat surface. Add about a heaping tablespoon of meat on one side of the tortilla and roll it into a tube shape. Place the taquito, seam side down, onto a foil covered baking sheet. Repeat until the meat mixture is gone. You should have approximately 14 taquitos. Brush the tops with canola oil.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until crispy. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Combine all ingredients except milk in a blender or food processor. Slowly pulse in milk until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Store in an air tight jar.
For more easy snack ideas, try these: