These oven roasted green beans with balsamic reduction are the perfect side dish to accompany any meal, especially your Thanksgiving feast!
If you ask my son how you know a restaurant is a good one, they’ll tell you “the bread!!” That’s because I taught them at an earlier age that the mark of a high quality restaurant is how good their bread. If they serve it with a dip, major bonus points!
Our current favorite is California Pizza Kitchen (sorry for all of you who don’t know the place, because it’s amazing). They serve fresh, hot french bread with this amazing olive oil and herb dip. My kids have discovered my secret love though, is when they add the balsamic vinegar. It takes that creamy olive oil bread dip to a whole other level. It’s a flavor that dances on your tongue and can make your toes curl with happiness.
Once they had learned to appreciate the flavor of balsamic I started adding it to some of my recipes, the first of which was these roasted green beans. Roasting the beans with olive oil and salt in a high temperature oven gives them a tender texture and a nutty flavor. The balsamic just elevates the whole flavor profile and combines so well with that nuttiness. I love that they are so incredibly easy to make, taking merely 15 minutes from start to finish. Now, you could opt to just roast the beans and eliminate the balsamic reduction if you like, but why would you want to?
Oven Roasted Balsamic Green Beans
- 1 pounds green beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar high quality
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Trim the ends from the green beans. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat balsamic vinegar, sugar and pinch of salt over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low. Simmer until sauce is reduced by half and thickened; about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange green beans on the cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast beans in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, depending on desired doneness (8 minutes for a crisp-tender, 12 minutes for soft).
- Place green beans in a serving dish and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
For more easy side dishes, try these: