Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownie Bites are surprisingly easy to make, starting with a cake mix base, and they would be a perfect treat to give to friends for Valentine’s Day.
There’s something about Red Velvet that always makes me think of decadence, and with those ultra decadent treats can be complicated. But since this recipe starts with a box of Red Velvet cake mix and just a few other ingredients, it’s incredibly easy to whip up.
I used a mini muffin pan to make small, bite sized treats. You could also make larger cupcake sized brownies in a regular sized muffin pan. A little cream cheese frosting would make them extra delicious. But they are fun with just some Valentine candies or sprinkles on top too. I started out just adding M&Ms to the top, but then thought how it would be fun to use different types of sprinkles or even Hershey Kisses.
These are perfect to hand out to friends, neighbors or teachers on Valentine’s Day. Put a few in a cellophane bag and add one of these free printable Valentine tags!
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownie Bites
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Sprinkles, M & Ms or Hershey Kiss toppings optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy; 1-2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Stir in half of the cake mix until blended, then stir in the remaining cake mix until cake mix is completely blended.
- Scoop one tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup (using a cookie scoop works best) and press into the cups. It will fill the cups nearly to the top. Add sprinkles or M & Ms if desired. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center brownie comes out clean.
- If adding Hershey kisses, top the brownies with the kisses and put back into the oven for 1 minute.
- Cool in the muffin pans or on a wire rack.
For more delicious treats, try these: