I made a pan of brownies the other day, but my kids were asking for rice krispie treats. I figured, why not combine the two?
- 2 cups crumbled brownies
- 5 cups rice krispies
- 1-10 oz. package mini marshmallow
- 3 tablespoons butter
- *I use the microwave method, but the stopover method would work just fine.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave for about three minutes, stirring at a minute and a half.
- When marshmallows are good and melted, add the rice krispies and crumbled brownies.
- Mix well until all is completely combined.
- Pour mixture into a well greased, or wax paper lined pan. (size is up to you, depending on how thick you want them - I used 13"x9").
- Allow to cool and set for at least one hour. Can be placed in the refrigerator to speed the cooling process.
- Turn over onto a cutting board and cut into squares.