If I could eat only eat one food everyday for a month it would be this Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Bread.
I have always loved bread in pretty much an form, and garlic bread, well that’s pretty much the mother of all breads. Chewy and crunchy and savory and spicy. That is, if you do it right. This Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Bread is the perfect compliment to any meal, or even for your Easter dinner!
First you’ll mash up the roasted garlic, following the directions in How to Roast Garlic in the Oven. Add some creamy, softened butter, grated Parmesan cheese and some salt, mix it up all nice, and slather it on some sliced up bread. I actually have a preference towards sourdough, but really, any nice crusty loaf of bread will do.
If you can resist eating it just like that, place it under the broiler for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. I don’t like my garlic bread dripping with butter, so I love cooking it this way.
Kinda wishing I had some more right now, but my son ate the last piece. He’s up for sale if you’re interested. *wink*
- 6 heads roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup softened salted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt if desired
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Mash roasted garlic with a fork in a small bowl.
- Add softened butter, Parmesan cheese and salt and combine.
- Slice a loaf of bread into one inch slices.
- Spread garlic mixture onto each slice of bread liberally, and place a cookie sheet.
- Place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes, or until bread is golden and bubbly.
You might also like:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.