Hi there, Yellow Bliss Road readers! It’s Darcie from Such the Spot back again with an easy recipe that your whole family will enjoy sinking their teeth into! For this month’s treat, I went with something festive–namely a dessert bar that’s all glammed out in green for St. Patrick’s Day.
If you look closely, I think you’ll find quite a few similarities between this treat and the 7-layer bars that are popular around the holidays. You’ll notice that we start with a graham cracker crust (only I opted for chocolate because chocolate makes everything better, right?). From there, we build on with creamy sweetened condensed milk to hold everything together. On top of that, we pile loads of mint M&M’s, crushed Oreos and chopped pecans for one green treat that’s perfect for a holiday celebrating the Irish.
The best part about this particular dessert bar is that it can be thrown together in no time–right around 40 minutes start to finish, including baking time. It’s the perfect minty treat to share with your family on St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 11 oz. bag of mint M&M's
- 1 cup Oreo cookies roughly chopped
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Heat oven to 350º. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir well to combine. Press mixture into the bottom of the greased pan, packing tightly with the back of a spoon.
- Pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk over crust.
- Evenly spread chopped pecans, crushed Oreos and whole M&M's over sweetened condensed milk. Press down firmly on toppings with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool thoroughly before slicing.
And if you’re looking for more yummy recipes to try, check out:
Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Florentine Soup
(made with real food ingredients)
For more Sweet Treats, be sure to try these:
If ever you’ve found yourself entering the term “quick foodie-friendly meals” into Pinterest’s search box, you’re not alone. Darcie from Such the Spot is a busy mom who compromises lots of things to accommodate a fast-paced lifestyle, but food isn’t one of them. She is all about putting a tasty meal on the table in record time. Darcie is constantly looking for ways to deconstruct or twist a familiar favorite into a delicious new go-to menu item. Good food really can be fast(ish) and Darcie’s recipes seek to prove it.