This post brought to you by Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
This baked Sloppy Joe casserole takes the classic Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce up a notch for a warm and comforting meal, perfect for the cooler months ahead.
Be sure to stay tuned for the end of this post to enter a fun giveaway!
Sloppy Joes are such a classic meal, that most of us probably recall from our childhoods. But there’s so much more you can do with this tasty sauce than just make sandwiches. You might remember a while ago I shared one of my very first one pot meals, Cheesy Chicken Pasta, that was made with Manwich. It’s since become one of my most popular recipes, and I think that is due in part to the incredibly flavorful, sweet and tangy sauce. We are all looking for Easy Weeknight Meals to throw together on a busy night, right?
Here’s how to make this one. To start, you will need a can of Manwich Thick & Chunky (the regular or bold flavors would work as well, but wouldn’t be as thick), a 15 oz. can of corn (drained), a 15 oz. can of Pork & Beans and a pound of ground beef.
Cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until it’s no longer pink. Drain the juices off and add the corn, Pork & Beans and Manwich. Stir them together and bring to a boil over medium heat. I’ll be honest it tastes really good just like this, kind of like a sweet and tangy chili. But we’re going to take even this up a notch.
Grab a can of refrigerated biscuits (you want the flaky kind). Pour the meat and Manwich mixture into a large casserole dish and top with the refrigerated biscuits and some shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake in a 400 degree oven until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
Divide into bowls and serve hot.
This dish could easily be made into a one pan meal by using an oven proof skillet for cooking the meat mixture.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz. can of Manwich Thick and Chunky
- 15 oz. can of Pork & Beans undrained
- 15 oz. can of corn drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a 5 quart saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil and diced onion. Cook until until slightly soft, then add ground beef and garlic. Stir and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in Manwich, Pork & Beans, and drained corn. Stir together with the ground beef and onions and bring to a boil.
- Spray a casserole dish lightly with cooking spray. Pour in meat and Manwich mixture. Top with refrigerated biscuits and cheddar cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes, until tops of biscuits are golden brown and bottoms are no longer doughy.
- Divide into bowls and serve.
Manwich is available in three flavors: Regular, Bold and Thick and Chunky, all of which are free of artificial flavors and preservatives and perfect for beef, chicken, pasta and more. The “kid-stopping” power of Manwich makes it a perfect weeknight meal solution that the whole family will love. Haven’t tried Manwich in a while? Here’s your chance because Manwich is providing me with an awesome PRIZE PACK that you can win! Here’s what’s included:
- $30 Visa Gift Card
- Pyrex sauce pan
- Manwich Wooden Spoon
- Manwich Potholder
- Manwich Apron
- Electric Can Opener
- Three cans of Manwich
To enter, visit the Manwich Recipes site and come back with a comment letting me know which recipe you’re dying to try. Contest ends on September 5 at midnight PST and is open to US readers only. Good Luck!
Recipe adapted from Manwich.
For tons of DINNER recipes, be sure to go HERE.
For a complete list of RECIPES on the site, be sure to go HERE.