These Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sliders work perfectly for both an easy dinner idea or an appetizer for the big game that your guests are going to love!
The holidays are over, and we are slowly getting back to normal life over here. We are packing up the Christmas decor, cleaning up from parties, and recovering from eating way too many Christmas Sprinkle Cookies! We had such a wonderful time with family, and ready to take on the New Year. The new year is my husbands favorite time because it means his big holiday is coming up, the Super Bowl! He is rooting for on his team and hoping they make it again this year. I’m not a big football person, but I am a football food person. I love football food, the wings, the chili, the sliders! Last year I served Buffalo Chicken Sliders and everyone loved them. This year though I will be serving up these Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sliders!
Whether you are planning a party or just need an easy dinner idea these Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sliders are a must. This past week my parents came out to visit. They live states awa and usually come down after the holiday season to celebrate Christmas round two with us. They stay until New Year, and I need to come up with some easy dinner ideas that everyone will love and things that are easy to make. When they come to visit we are extra busy, doing fun things with the kids, shopping, and exploring the town so slow cooker recipes are the best. I tossed this one in the slow cooker in the afternoon, and then we headed to the mall to check out after Christmas specials. We came home and dinner was about ready. All I needed to do was mix the easy coleslaw and it’s done. We served this with the world’s best mashed potatoes (really they are you have to try them) and a salad.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Sliders
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
Optional Coleslaw Topping
- 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6-10 slider buns
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Place chicken, barbecue sauce, and chicken broth in your slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Shred chicken in the slow cooker once cooked.
- Top slider buns with shredded chicken and coleslaw then serve.
Optional Coleslaw Topping
- In a medium sized bowl add mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar. Whisk together until well combined. Add coleslaw mix and stir until coleslaw is coated with sauce.
Looking for more tailgating recipes that’ll wow?
Dig out the slow cooker and whip up these fab recipes!