*The giveaway portion of this post was sponsored by the companies listed. No compensation was given to Yellow Bliss Road.
Hey everyone! Welcome to the fall recipe blog hop! You may remember how this works if you saw our spring and summer parties. This time around, 15 bloggers are sharing their favorite comfort foods recipes and thanks to some amazing sponsors, we have a prize package of fabulous kitchen cookware valued at over $900!!!!! Be sure to read all the way through the post so you can enter the giveaway at the end.
Last weekend, I had a Tri Tip roast that I had to cook. It was still just too hot to turn on the oven, and my BBQ is broken. I was going to put it in the crockpot, but forgot. (insert violins here). At 4:00 I figured I’d better decide what to do with it and started to search my pantry and fridge and came up with beef broth, onion soup mix, carrots and potatoes.
One of my favorite restaurants is Wood Ranch Grill in Yorba Linda, CA. They have amazing Tri Tip soup. I searched for the recipe and couldn’t find one, so I made one up.
Soup is the ultimate comfort food and this delicious take on traditional beef and vegetable soup will warm your soul on those crisp fall evenings.
If you enjoyed my recipe, I know that you will want to check out the 14 other belly warming recipes from some of my favorite bloggers ~
Smoked Tri Tip Soup with Veggies
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 lbs trimmed Tri Tip cut into one inch chunks
- 2 14 oz. cans beef broth
- 1 package Onion Soup Mix
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cut into 1 in. chunks
- 2-3 cup raw or frozen vegetables feel free to be creative here!
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke optional
- Heat olive oil in a 5 quart pot; add Tri Tip and brown on all sides.
- Add beef broth, water, garlic, Liquid Smoke and onion soup mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about at least an hour, covered.
- Add vegetables. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. If using frozen vegetables, add them during the last ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.