Rice Krispie Treats is a favorite in our house, and summer is the perfect time for making S’mores. Sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows are some of the greatest memories I have as a kid. So why not combine two of our favorite treats into one? Sounds like a winner to me.
This recipe is so easy to make. Just make your traditional Rice Krispie Treats and add four Hershey chocolate bars. Break the pieces up into three squares and place on top of the Rice Krispy Treats. Break approximately ten whole graham crackers up into small pieces. Sprinkle over the chocolate. Now add 4 cups of marshmallows to cover the top. Broil on High for about 1 minute or until marshmallows are toasted to your liking. They brown very fast, so watch carefully. Remove from oven and let sit and cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Can you say delicious?! Good, because they are! My kids devoured these. I might have helped a little too.
S'mores Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 package of 10 oz. about 40 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- 4 Hershey Chocolate bars
- 10 Whole Graham Crackers
- 4 cups of Miniature Marshmallows
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal to pan and stir until mixed well.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray to prevent Rice Krispies from sticking.
- Spray a piece of wax paper with cooking spray and use to spread Rice Krispies evenly by pressing mixture in pan.
- Break chocolate bars into three squares and lay on top of Rice Krispies treats.
- Break approximately ten whole graham crackers up into small pieces. Sprinkle over the chocolate.
- Sprinkle 4 cups of minute marshmallows to cover the top.
- Broil on High for about 1 minute or until marshmallows are toasted to your liking. It's super fast, so watch carefully. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before cutting.
Check out some of my other yummy summer treats.
You might also enjoy these S’Mores recipes: