This mildly spicy meatloaf is a new take on an old classic! With chorizo and salsa in the mix, it's a new flavor combination your whole family is sure to love!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup salsa any kind
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean turkey or beef or a combination
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl or food processor, beat the eggs. Add the salsa, water, and soup mix, and mix well.
Add the bread crumbs and mix. Then add the ground turkey/beef and chorizo. Mix well.
Put in a 9x5 loaf pan. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Spread over the top of the meatloaf.
Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Let sit for ten minutes after removing from the oven before cutting and serving.