Instant Pot Chicken Rigatoni
This Instant Pot Chicken Rigatoni is an easy dinner that your entire family will love!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time12 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 1/2 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound of chicken cut into pieces
- 24 oz marinara sauce keep jar to fill half way with water
- 2 peppers cut into large pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- 3/4 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil
Heat Instant Pot to Saute. Add olive oil. Once pot says HOT, add chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and then let cook till brown on one side, about 2-3 minutes. Stir and make sure no chicken pieces are sticking to the bottom. Hit cancel.
Add peppers and onions on top of the chicken. Add pasta. Add marinara sauce and then fill jar and add water, about 1 cup. Push any noodles that are above the sauce into it.
Put lid on the Instant Pot and turn to sealed. Use the manual function and change the timer to 5 minutes. Let cook. Once finished, do a quick release then add the half and half and parmesan cheese. Stir to well distribute. Add additional seasonings to taste. Add basil and serve.