Instant Pot Pepper Steak
Instant Pot Pepper Steak is an easy pressure cooker recipe that is perfect for busy nights! Made with sirloin steak, peppers, onions, rice, and a sweet and savory sauce, this simple one pot recipe is full of flavor.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Pressure Time20 mins
Total Time28 mins
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound top round steak cut into 1/4 inch thin strips
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 14.5 ounces cup beef stock reduced sodium
- 1/4 cup soy sauce reduced sodium
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root grated
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups white rice
- green onions optional
Turn Instant Pot to Saute and let heat up.
Add in oil, beef, peppers and onions. Saute until meat is just browned. Turn off Instant Pot.
Drain off any excess grease if desired and return pot back to Instant Pot.
Add in beef stock and scrape up any browned bits on bottom of the pan. Add in soy sauce, ginger, garlic, apricot preserves, red pepper flakes, pepper, and stir well.
Rinse and drain rice and then add into Instant Pot. Push down rice until it is just submerged in the liquid.
Place lid on pressure cooker and be sure to seal vent knob to sealed. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
Once cook time has elapsed, let pressure release naturally. Fluff rice and serve with green onions if desired.
- Sirloin steak or round steak can be used interchangeably.
- Use low sodium stock and soy sauce to control the sodium in this recipe.
- Feel free to use honey in place of the Apricot Preserves.
- Instant Pot Pepper Steak will keep in the fridge for 3 days and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 733IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg