One Pan Caprese Pasta
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 main dish servings
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups dry pasta
- 1 package of grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 5 fresh whole basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh diced Mozzarella (about 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Chopped basil leaves for garnish
Preheat a 12 inch skillet or saute pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft.
Add dry pasta, sliced tomatoes, fresh whole basil leaves, garlic, water, salt and pepper. Stir together to combine.
Bring pasta mixture to a boil. Continue to cook pasta over medium heat, stirring often, until pasta is cooked and the liquid is reduced; about ten minutes.
Top evenly with mozzarella cubes and cover the pan so the cheese can melt.
Sprinkle with Balsamic vinegar and chopped basil for garnish.